Our Education Principles
The educational planning for the children in our early learning centre is based on the ‘Early Years Learning Framework’, which is an emergent curriculum. This curriculum allows children to extend and enrich their learning through play-based learning experiences. It’s based on your child’s interests and developement needs. Our educators continuously develop suitable programs so that a range of experiences are offered to your children and family.
- As educators we believe that ‘PLAY’ is your child’s unique way to learn about their world.
- Parents are welcomed at any time to visit the centre or spend time with their children and have the opportunity to participate in extra curricular activities if they wish to do so.
- The staff at our centre are happy to assist the best they can in answering any questions or queries or provide any information that you request.
- We regularly provide educational and fun shows for your children, paid for by the centre’s owner.
- We currently offer Indian and Japanese language lessons.
At ‘Snookums Early Learning Centre’ we care for children from the ages of 6 weeks to 5 years, and also before and after school care ages 6-12 years.
Nursery: 6 weeks to 15 months, 1 staff member to 4 babies, 2 staff to 8 babies.
Educators: Miss Kara ( Group leader) Miss Naomi ( Assistant)
Toddlers/Junior : 15 months to 2.5 years, 1 staff member to 5 children, 2 staff to 10 children.
Educators: Miss Kylie (Group leader) Miss Freda (Assistant) Miss Melanine (Assistant)
Senior Kindy: 2.5 years to 3.5 years, 1 staff member to 12 children, 2 staff to 24 children.
Educators: Miss Jessica (Group Leader) MIss July (Assistant)
Preschool: 3.5 years to 5 years, 1 staff member to 12 children, 2 staff to 24 children.
Educators: Miss Chantelle ( Teacher) Miss Chintan(Assistant)
School Care: 6 years to 12 years, 1 staff member to 12 Children
Educator: Miss Freda
We provide schoolies with afternoon tea and provide them with activities for the afternoon
To provide our nutritious meals to your children we have a qualified cook who provides menus that rotate every 4 weeks. The menus are displayed in the hallway of the centre for parents and caregivers to see.
At our centre our aim is to provide your children with nutritious meals that your children will love and enjoy and that meet the standards of Nutrition Australia and our families.
Children need to be provided with healthy, appealing, and tasty meals that they will love, and also be educated on healthy food and meals
We offer Vegetarian meals and any other special needs that your child may have.
Any suggestions or comments on our menus are welcomed and taken into consideration.